The platform offers a wide range of data, including macroeconomic indicators, equity, commodity, and bond prices, company financials, news, and market research. Users can also create custom indices and charting tools, and perform advanced analytics and modeling using the platform's integrated Excel add-in.
Datastream is widely used in the finance industry and is trusted by banks, asset managers, and research institutions. The platform is provided by Refinitiv, a global financial markets data and infrastructure provider.
Datastteam is now available from Eikon. Users may install Eikon and add-on Datastream. Eikon user ID is used to access both databases (Eikon & Datastream)
- From Refinitiv Eikon
- Click sign-in & download button.
- Login to Refinitiv Eikon
- Tick I accept for software license and click Accept button.
- Choose country.
- Click download.
*EikonInstaller.apac1.exe is downloaded to your machine.
- Run the installer.
- Open Microsoft Excel. Refinitiv Eikon is available in the tab menu.
- Click Sign In. Login to Eikon
*ask the librarian for credential information with Chat with Librarian
- Click Add-Ons
- Enable / Install Datastream and Datastream Charting
- Check Microsoft Excel, a new tab menu - Refinitiv Eikon Datastream is enabled.
- Download the Datastream app from UiTM Library here:
- Extract the Compressed file using any compress app - 7zip, Winzip, WinRar or simply right-click the file, select Extract All > Choose destination (Optional) > Click Button Extract.
- There are several apps to install, however, some new machine already includes the app. Therefore, user may install:
- 3.1 vstore4.0_64.exe
- 4.1 Datastream DFO Add-In Setup.exe
- Open Microsoft Excel to check Thomson Reuters Datastream tab.
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Go to Thomson Reuters Dastream
- Click Options
- Click the Connection Setting tab.
- Insert the user id and password as provided by the librarian.
- The Offline indicator in red will turn green (Online) for successful login.
Fix it by adding HTTPS on all URLs in Request URL Settings here
- Go to Thomson Reuters Datastream
- Click Options
- Click the Request URL Settings tab.
- Change all http to https
- Click OK
- Run Static / Time Series Request again